Friday, February 27, 2009

Setbacks and Success

Tomorrow is a team time trial- not a big deal, but a good chance to test myself.  Except for the 30km skate race last weekend, I haven't really logged many race efforts lately.  Training has been going well.  The trend is good, and it will be nice to go time trial and see how my body has responded to this "reset" period.

Yesterday, while sitting in my car waiting for practice to start, I noticed a quote printed on one of my reusable grocery bags from the store Lululemon Athletica.  It's covered in all kinds of great little wisdoms, but one seemed particularly relevant...

"Life is full of setbacks.  Success is determined by how you handle setbacks."

This season has been a little abnormal, but the setbacks have made me appreciate ski racing that much more.  With time, patience, and continued belief in myself, success will come.

 

No comments: