Monday, May 18, 2009

Bend Camp

Yesterday I arrived in Bend, Oregon for my first US Ski Team camp of the new season.  Mt. Bachelor still has quite a bit of snow, so we're skiing every morning up high and dryland training in Bend in the afternoon.  Today was my first day back on snow in a few weeks, and my first time classic skiing since Distance Nationals in Fairbanks, and it was a great day to get back at it!  We arrived to blue skies, sunshine and firm tracks that quickly broke down into great soft klister skiing.  In addition to my other US teammates, there was a large XC Oregon contingent and numerous other racers from around the country out on the trails at Bachelor today.

So I've been back into training in Anchorage with APU, my club team, since April 27th, and I feel as though I've already made some good gains since then, but it's always fun to travel to a new place for a while.  It's my first time in Bend, and so far I'm quite impressed with the quality of "summer" skiing and the great weather up at Mt. Bachelor.  Stay tuned for more updates, and, hopefully, some pictures to come! 

No comments: